Sunday, January 6, 2013

Offering



6"x6" Oil on Gessoed Panel
with Palette Knife
$50.00 + Shipping
SOLD



Every Sunday, our church displays fresh flower arrangements during worship. They remind me of the beauty of creation, and the frailty of life. After worship, the flowers are composed into smaller arrangements and delivered to people who are home-bound or in the hospital. They truly are an offering of love and grace. And so, for Sunday posts during this challenge, I will attempt to paint details of these offerings to share with you.






2 comments:

  1. Mike, this is such a rich painting, lots of intense color and thick paint, I love it! What a loving idea to re-circulate the flowers after the service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fay. I have discovered that I still have a lot to learn about painting flowers. This piece was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete