Monday, January 14, 2013

Playing with Puddles



6"x6" Oil on Gessoed Panel
with Palette Knife
SOLD




Remember my post the other day about the rain going away? Since then, the rain has returned and has not stopped. So for today's painting, I thought, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Today's painting is on reflections in a nearby rain puddle. This is likely the most abstract of my 13 daily paintings so far. It is quite loose and impressionistic. I took the opportunity with this subject to experiment with looser techniques. We can make the best of any situation by looking for the beauty that lies within.


1 comment:

  1. I surfed over here through Slices of Life and really like your painting style. Beautiful colours and textures. This could be my favourite so far. I can see why it's sold.

    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete